May 1, 2015 we visited lake Maragang located in Maragang, Zamboanga Del Sur.
Tips before you visit this place.
- Visit PENRO office for a permit and pay.
- Decide to stay overnight or a day tour.
- Look for a local guide. (I recommend Apol Soria – 09106270551 https://www.facebook.com/carl.soria2 , PAPA Mountaineers, Bobong Etang)
- Bring more foods.
- Bring your trash or garbage back home.
- Don’t forget your camera or cellphones for a selfie.
- Bring swim gears like goggles.
- Wear light shirt, pants, shorts, shoes, sandals.
- Umbrella for hot and rainy weather.
- Prepare for a stiff walk and enjoy the view with your friends and family.
Check my video below.
I call it the battle of Mactan in Cobra IRONMAN 70.3 Philippines.
I under estimate this race. I told myself that this is an endurance race and yes i have it in my body system but i have no proper training and it turns out i got a cut off time during the 90km bike leg and turns to DNF (did not finish)
Thank God i survive the 1.9km struggling swim. According to the report there are more than 100 participants did not survive for the 70 minutes cut of time for 1.9km swim due to sea current.
Check my video below
In August 2014 is my first IRONMAN 70.3 Philippines experience and i was blown away of what i saw in the event. I told myself that i can do this Swim – Bike – Run.
There are almost 3,000 triathletes involved in this event and participated by more than 30 countries.